CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Introduction

Danica Mabel Bouchard was born on October 22, 2008 at 8:17 in the morning. She was 7 pounds 7 ounces and 20 inches long.

And we have been telling everyone that she was delivered by FedEx. Corey had to drive me to the hospital in the FedEx truck because the contractions started coming while he was still working--and he wasn't going to have time to get back to the terminal and drive home.


And she has so much hair--that is the first thing that everyone notices when they meet her.

Here is one of her first pictures--Corey took some pictures as soon as they moved her to the warmer and started cleaning her up.

This seems to be one of her favorite things to do--put her hand in her face. We have been commenting that we have so many ultrasound pictures where she had her hand in her face in the exact same way. :)
Corey took this picture when I first got to hold Danica. Isn't she beautiful?
And this is Corey's favorite thing to do with Danica--hold her. When he is in the room she spends very little time in the crib. He can get her to quiet down and sleep quicker than anyone. And I am pretty sure she has him wrapped around her finger. :)

6 comments:

andrea said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

She's adorable, and you are right, she has great hair!

How fun that you didn't have to be induced. So how long were you in labor?

Oh, I'm so excited for you, and I hope you are feeling good and not like you were run over with the FedEx truck! Congrats again, take care.

Beth said...

Congrats to Shanan and Corey! Your baby girl is beautiful. I hope you are feeling well and getting a little sleep because the fun (and no sleep) are just getting started. Love to both of you!

Cali said...

She's so beautiful! Congratulations! I like that she's already a daddy's girl. haha.

onehm said...

YAY!! That is just so exciting...
And she's GORGEOUS!!

I never did get to come to any baby showers~ Call me when you guys are ready and I'd LOVE to do some newborn shots...my treat!

Welcome to the family Danica!!

Julie Barnes said...

Look at all that hair!! How cute! Congratulations!! She decided to come!!! YEAH!

Levi, Disney Fanatic said...

Congratulations! She is such a beautiful baby! I'm glad that you are both doing well.