CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Fun Stuff for Danica

Since I am sure my dad will start reminding me that I have not been blogging lately, I decided to post pictures today of some more of the fun things that Danica has gotten lately.

Saturday I had to work the Education Fair on our campus. It was a lot of fun getting to see a lot of my students participate in the professional development. Plus I got to find out about a lot of the educational and fun things to take kids to once Danica gets older--actually in most cases I found out that the places Grandma and Dad used to take Heather and me to have changed names. For instance, Mesa Southwest Museum is now called something like Arizona Museum of Natural History--I thought it had closed. So I was very excited to find out about all the things Corey and I will be able to take Danica to in the future. :)

But I also go to buy Danica books--and get them signed by the author. It was so exciting. And the books are very Arizona focused which will be great since Danica will be a fifth generation Arizona native. Plus the book "Don't Call Me Pig!" was named something like best children's book by the governor not too long ago.
Having Arizona-focused children's books for Danica made me think that I needed to find some books in honor of Corey being from Massachusettes. I am trying to get the book "Make Way for Ducklings" which I found out is the state children's book of Massachusettes. There are statues in Boston to commerate it and everything--so I will probably have to order it online so Danica has something very Massachusettes as well.
And yesterday we had the Cousin's Dinner. Aunt Shirley had more wonderful gifts for Danica. The Pooh blanket may be my favorite, but I made sure that everyone got to see the back of Danica's halloween outfit since I think that was Aunt Shirley's favorite thing. :)
Today I go to my weekly doctor's appointment so I will probably be updating everyone later today--but I wanted to make sure everyone got to see some of the fun stuff that Danica has gotten lately.

1 comments:

Julie Barnes said...

HOW CUTE!!! I love the halloween costume!! Do you get trick or treaters at your house?? We got a few at our house and I love HALLOWEEN!