CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 25, 2008

movements?

Since this is my first child--everything is new, everything is an adventure. And I am thinking today my be the start of my next adventure. During my last appointment, my doctor told me I would probably being feeling the baby move any day now. And today, as I have been watching both the Indianapolis 500 and the Coca-Cola 600 (Corey has become a rather big fan of motorsports) I began to realize I was feeling something. Not painful, but not exactly pleasant either. And the feeling was moving across my abdomen. Not consistantly necessarily--I would feel it on one side of my lower abdomen, then about 20 minutes later I would feel it in another part of my abdomen.

So for all of you who have had a baby before, I welcome your insight. But for tonight I am going to be excited because I feel like I am starting to feel movement. And just like hearing the heartbeat in the doctor's office--its one of those moments that make it all seem more real and more immediate.

Continuation after reading my cousins' comments:
I am more sure that it is the beginning of feeling the baby moving--it felt a lot like what Andrea described.

And I am not sure that baby circuses or non-stop hiccups sound like a lot of fun...especially at night. But I am sure that I will find out very soon.

And I am about 18 weeks...again its hard to tell for 100% because I am not very good at keeping track of the thing doctor's use to determine more exact due dates. But on my next appointment I should have more exact information because I will be having my first ultrasound. :)

5 comments:

andrea said...

How many weeks are you? I would say you are feeling your baby. The only way I can describe it is almost like gas bubbles, or the feeling of like a hamster wiggling around in you! i know, odd description! It is the coolest thing to feel that little person moving around in you!

Nicole (my first baby) was a freak. By about 22 weeks, about every night at 9, she would perform what we called the "belly circus". I don't know how she didn't wrap herself up or tie a knot in her cord...she was that active! Hope you don't get one of those though...cause they don't stop the motion when they come out. She definitely let her personality be known before birth!

onehm said...

So much fun! That was one of my favorite things about being preggos.
Even though I was soooooo ready to have him by the end, I was super sad to lose my little companion!!

onehm said...

OOOH! And Gigantor totally got hiccups every night! My whole belly would jump!
It was amazing!!

bradi said...

It feels like a giant fish is in your belly! Emerson swam around mostly on my left side (and it stayed bigger even after he escaped). Flannie had the hiccups and made my belly bounce. Later, it's insane when you can see the foot stretching out or a fist. Kind of like the movie Alien but, you know, sweet.

Jen said...

I'm sure it is movement too. it's so fun in the beginning, I also remember being so excitted to feel the hiccups, but in the end they both were so painful. Enjoy them before you belly gets too cramped (for me it wsn't too bad until my last couple months)