CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 18, 2008

A Day Out With the Girls

One of the only downsides to my job at ASU (have I mentioned that it is really my dream job), is that I ended up moving further away from some of my friends. And I had to leave a few of my friends at UOP (and for that I am sorry because I really don't wish that place on anyone--but that is a post for another day...hehe). So yesterday was the first time my friends and I had been able to get together since like December.

So we went to lunch at Macaroni Grill off of the 101 and Tatum. Usually this is a nice centrally located place to eat--which is easy for everyone to get to because it is right off a freeway. But yesterday no. The 101 was undergoing a major construction thing that involved going down to one lane before closing completely.

Luckily I had decided I wanted to make some stops at other stores on the way (namely USA Baby--since now the only store is in Scottsdale...not cool). So I took the 51 and I got off before it got too crazy. Poor Jenny. She was on the 101, and it was taking her 30 minutes to go 2 exits. Not fun. Luckily I got a hold of Colleen in time to switch from the 101 to the 51 and so she didn't get stuck. But we all ended up arriving late.

We weren't able to hang out as long as we planned--thank you construction...grr. But we did get to walk around Desert Ridge Mall after lunch and my friends spoiled me. Jenny got me a bunch of onies and a full outfit and a cute blacket. Colleen got me some cute socks and a toy that her kids picked out special for the baby.

Overall it was a fun and exciting afternoon. I can't wait to find out whether the baby is a boy or a girl so I can really decide on a theme for the room. There was some very cute stuff for a cowboy themed room if we are having a boy--which is what I think we are having. Corey thinks we are having a girl--but I haven't settled on a theme for a girl. :)

1 comments:

bradi said...

How about cowgirl??? Come on!