CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year

I have decided that since I hardly ever follow through with a resolution--I am not going to focus on making any this year. But as midnight hit last night (yep I am a little late on this post) I started to think about 2008. Last January 1st I was thinking about how many classes I would have completed towards my Masters from ASU (the one I like to refer to as my "real" masters). I was predicting two classes a semester and one over the summer--nope that didn't happen because instead I found out in March that a little one was joining our family.

And I realized how much my thoughts this January 1st centered around Danica. I was thinking how much she is going to change and grow in the next year. By next January 1st Danica could be walking and talking. She could be giving me smiles with little teeth rather then just gums. She could be giving me hugs and kisses that she initiates.

Yep I am pretty sure that the next year is going to be quite an adventure. So I have decided to take my grandma's advice to learn something new everyday as my motto for this year. And I am pretty sure that Danica will help me accomplish that.

4 comments:

Cami said...

Babies grow up so fast! I Love how you adore your little girl. I am excited to read what this year will bring for you and your family!
HAPPY NEW YEAR

Janquilts said...

You will teach your daughter well.
Jan

Julie Barnes said...

Great idea! I can't believe how much our lives have changed in 2008 and I am sure they will continue to change each day. Good things are to come! YEAH for 2009!

Jen said...

I think you should also try & write down what you learn each day- Just use your calendar. That will be so fun to read by the end of the year.