CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 19, 2009

I think it is becoming an odyssey...

I really never thought I would get to try so many of my quest destinations so quickly, but today I really needed to go get my back manipulated. I was in a lot of pain and having trouble carrying Danica in her car seat with everything else I have to take with her. So my dad took me to see Ron--who works in Glendale not far from another of Guy's stops.

Thee Pitts Again is a barbecue place. I tried the smoked shrimp, which was good but not my favorite because I thought the shrimp ended up with a tough skin on it. But the grilled veggies were wonderful.

My dad, however, ordered the smoked turkey, pulled pork, and sliced brisket. The smoked turkey and pulled pork were out of this world. Definitely worth the drive over there.

They use a sauce that is perfect mix of sweet, heat, and tang from vinegar. It was very yummy. And there cocktail sauce that came with the shrimp was wonderful as well--good bite from the horseradish.

We also got a Miss Piggy Brownie with Ice Cream--the brownie had caramel, chocolate chips, and warm. The ice cream and whip cream were the perfect way to finish it off.

After my weekend of stressing about Tuesday's meetings, it was a nice treat.

4 comments:

Julie Barnes said...

YUM! Every time I ready your blog I get really hungry. Hope your meetings go well tomorrow. :)

Jen said...

I love BBQ!!!! I don't think anything will ever beat Joes BBQ in down town gilbert though.

Russ said...

been there and wasn't really impressed.

Beth said...

I am so glad that I am not the only DD&D freak. I love that show and look for the places he's been when we travel. Thanks for the mini-reviews. Matt's is next on my list. Yummy!