CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A Quest

I have decided today to start a quest--well really continue a quest that I was already on, but now I am calling it a quest. It sounds so much more important now.


First, a little history. In case you don't know, I am a fan of food network--okay I admit I am a food network junkie (I can't hid it too many family members read this and would comment). And one of my favorite shows is Diners, Drive Ins and Dives. If you haven't seen it--you should. It is great fun, but the only down side is that you can't try all the yummy food.


Now for the quest. I have decided that I need to try all of the places he visits in Arizona.

So far in my progress I have tried Joe's Farm Grill, Matt's Big Breakfast, and today Roberto's Mexican Food. In fairness, I am pretty sure that the family found Joe's for the cousin's dinner before Guy found it. But I am still going to count it as part of my quest. Corey found it on Diners, Drive Ins and Dives so I got to stand in the post-show lines. I think its only fair I get to count it then.

The run-down (AKA my opinion). Joe's is awesome. It is so good that I had my last birthday lunch there. Well its good and they give you a great discount on your birthday. Pretty much everything I have had there has been delicious, but if I had to pick one favorite I would have to say the garlic fries.

Matt's was wonderful--the breakfast was so good. I had pancakes (I was pregnant it was a craving) and their homefries. I thought the homefries had a little too much fresh rosemary, but overall the food was wonderful. I want to go again, and next time I am having waffles (I saw them on the show and they look yummy).

And today's Roberto's was great!! I really wanted the muendo they featured on the show--but that is only served on Saturdays. Bummer. But I had the chile rellanos and they were wonderful. The first time they weren't deep fried (they were cooked on a flat top on two sides). I want to try that at home and see if I can replicate it (deep frying is way to messy for me to want to do it at home). But overall Robertos may be my favorite Mexican food--which is sad because they are quite a ways away from my house.


I will keep you up to date on my quest. And I think you should join me--try the places by your house and tell me what you think. Make me jealous. :)

4 comments:

dad said...

The el pastor is very good. The green burrito is one best Ihave tasted

Julie Barnes said...

Yum! You are making me so hungry... I can barely stand it. I LOVE joe's farm grill, they have good food and I like the out door seating. :)

Team Skousen said...

YUM YUM YUM! I haven't even tried any of those places. That gives me so many ideas! We sort of did this while we were in Denver, and we found some good food! Good idea!

andrea said...

I also love that show, and we have even tried a place they went to up here, and were NOT disappointed!

I want to try a few down there in your neck of the woods as well, but so far we haven't made it to any when we visit....not that we visit as often as I'd like!