CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 15, 2009

My Quest Continues

I honestly didn't think I would be posting another step in my quest so soon--but my dad and I ended up in Glendale today and so we tried another one of Guy's finds. La Piazza Al Fornos hasn't been featured on the show yet (yep Dad and I are ahead of the curve). But they are definitely not hiding that they will be on the show soon. Right next to the door they have a signed poster with a picture of Guy. And when you walk in the door on the wall they have a stencilled picture of Guy and the words Guy Ate Here. (these would have been great pictures, but the trip was a little unplanned and so I had no camera).

I am not going to lie--the service really left something to be desired. But the food was amazing. If you go, try the Italian Stallion Meat Pizza. The italian sausage is amazing. And their tomato sauce is perfect. They don't over season it--it really just tastes like ripe fresh tomatoes. And the meat complements that perfectly.

The chocolate cannoli--well it's perfect. But really how could you go wrong with chocolate and marcopone cheese. You can't.

Overall I wll say that my quest has proven once again to be worth it. I just hope Guy finds more reasons to come to Arizona--a few more in the east valley would be nice. :)

2 comments:

Team Skousen said...

I am starving. I am going to Glendale RIGHT NOW.

Haha, okay I will probably order Barros from Maricopa. But I will think about that yummy pizza!

Shanan and Danica said...

Trust me--Barros doesn't hold a candle...go to Glendale and try La Piazza sometime...you two won't be disappointed. :)