CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Chicken and Waffles and More

Corey and I took Dad to LoLo's Chicken and Waffles for a belated Father's Day lunch. We thought if we waited a week or two the wait wouldn't be very long. But we were wrong. It ended up being a 30-40 minute wait, but since we had been anticipating chicken and waffles for at least a couple of weeks, we decided to go ahead and wait.

The food was amazing. I took the camera with every intention of getting a picture for everyone to see, but I was so hungry by the time the food came out that I totally forgot about pictures. But trust me the food was really lovely and wonderful. The fried chicken was so good in fact that Corey said it was almost as good as Duguays, one of his favorite restaurants back in MA--which is about the biggest compliment he has ever given to an AZ restaurant. :)

Going to my dad's also meant that we got to pick up our mail--we have been having some trouble with mail delivery at our house. Today's mail included the bedding for the baby that Corey and I picked out to set the theme for the room: Winnie the Pooh, pink and sage. So I have taken some pictures. We don't have the crib yet--it is still on layaway. But slowly and surely we are starting to make the room look more and more ready for the baby.



3 comments:

Jen said...

Ck & Waffles? Do those go together?
Is this one of those weird pregnancy cravings?

I love light green & pink- That's what Katelyn's room is too. The base of everything is green and the accents are all pink- That way if the next one is a boy, i just have to switch out the accesories.

Shanan and Danica said...

hehe--actually no it isn't, it is a combination that apparently is very popular in the south. :)

bradi said...

Yum! Chicken and Waffles! Delish! I'm very jealous. . .