CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Tis the Season

Corey and I have learned that Christmas decorating with a newborn must be done in stages--and so far the only stage we have completed has been the tree. But really we were rather proud of ourselves for figuring out how to get our tree up--the directions were not helpful at all.

So now I am answering my cousin's call to show our Christmas decorations--I will try to show more as we get them done.

While Danica may have been sleeping, someone else in our house was watching us put the tree up for the first time. And we have some concerns about how she is going to handle the tree and the ornaments.While I was giving Danica a bath, Corey took a picture of Brandy investigating the tree. We are actually starting to take a pool on how many of our ornaments we will have at the end of the holiday season--but so far she hasn't found them yet. But she has tried to eat one of the bottom branches--hopefully artificial trees are not toxic to investigating cats?
But we also have realized we have many decisions to make regarding our decorations and the traditions we want to start in our family. First you may have noticed we don't have a tree topper--we can't decide what we want at the top of the tree. Its a big decision.

Second, we have our wonderful stockings but no mantle. So we have to decide where we are going to put our stockings. I was going to line them up with garland under the window by the tree--but Corey reminded me that Brandy would probably think they were her new toys. And I probably would have to murder the cat if she attacked our stockings.

Speaking of stockings I have to show everyone the beautiful stocking that my Aunt Shirley made to match Corey's (she made it too) and my stocking (my grandma made that one). Isn't it the cutiest stocking ever!!

When I figure out how I am going to display the stockings I will take more pictures so you can see all three of the stockings. But as you can see--our Christmas decorations are a work in progress right now. :)

5 comments:

Julie Barnes said...

wow,you are miles ahead of me... I haven't even thought about my christmas decorations. Should I even put up a tree?? ha ha ha

Jen said...

Love the tree & the stocking.
One of my friends hangs their stockings from a shelf- you could give that a try:)

The other twisted sister said...

You are good. When Eli was a baby we put the tree up but no decorations.... just some notes the older kids wrote "see the bright lights" and "look at the pretty ornaments"

The Youngs said...

Cute stocking!!

Russ said...

Just like the ones your grandmother made me and my siblings in the 60s. I still use and cherish the memories of that stocking!!