CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Love this season

One of my favorite things about the season is that people will make more of an effort to get together as a family then they do the rest of the year. Even though my sister and her family live in Phoenix, I don't get to see her as much as I would like. With work and other obligations, there doesn't seem to be enough time to get together.

But last night we all dropped everything and got together to make sure we got to hang out before Christmas. And it was a blast. I don't think I have laughed that hard in months--my niece Jessica can leave us all in stitches.

And they got to see Danica--who they have been wanting to see again since they met her on Vetrans Day. They were so excited they even volunteered to change her diaper and hold her throughout the meal. And she loved it.


In the second picture you can see the pink ballet slippers with flowers that they got her. Umm I am not sure how well pink ballet slippers go with a cowgirl outfit. Any Nicolls want to comment on that?

They gave Corey and I a swing as our gift--they swear that their swing was a life saver when Jessica was little. And Danica seems to love it. She may not look as happy in the picture--she got cranky when I had to stop the swing so I could take a picture. But when its going she seems to love it. :)
Overall it was a wonderful way to spend an evening--and a night that really helped me to remember the true meaning of the season--family.

2 comments:

Julie Barnes said...

I love the idea of a swing! She is so cute and I am glad you got to spend some quality time with family, that is always the best. On a side note... girls can get away with any fashion these days, even if they wear ballet slippers with their cowgirl attire :)

andrea said...

Baby swings=absolute lifesaver

The only way I got a shower some days!