CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 21, 2008

Travel Sparky


Harry Caray: Thank you Travel Sparky for joining me today for the interview. Can you tell the audience a little about yourself?

Travel Sparky: I am the mascot for the advisors of ASU. Whenever they leave sunny Arizona for official business they bring me along to see the sights with them.

HC: What brings you to Chicago today?

TS: New student orientation at the Hyatt Regency. I am welcoming the class of 2012 to ASU.

HC: What sights have you been able to see?

TS: Well it has been a busy trip with three separate orientations to run, but I have gone out for Chicago style pizza. The Spinach stuffed deep dish was fabulous.
HC: I am looking at your picture, why is everyone holding up three fingers?

TS: That is the ASU pit fork, all of my friends were showing their ASU pride throughout Chicago.

HC: Holy Cow! Did you have a chicago hot dog?

TS: Yes, but sadly it did not have the condiments of a traditional chicago dog. I needed to find a street vendor instead of a restaurant. So I will have to go back to Chicago for a hot dog.

HC: Did you see a cubs game?

TS: Unfortunately the game was sold out, so we didn't get to see a game. We did get down to Wrigleyville and watched the game from a bar--umm I mean eating establishment--across the street from Wrigley.

HC: What did you think of Wrigleyville?

TS: Wonderful!! It was great to be around so many spirited Cub Fans!! We got to see duelling piano players who were dueling "Go Cubs Go" versus the song for the Sox. The Cubs song was by far the loudest!!

HC: Cubs Win Cubs Win!!

TS: It was so exciting and the game broke my friend's curse, she said the Cubs always lost when she watched their games. So smashing Pittsburg was wonderful! And afterwards we found the Cubbie walking down the street and he was willing to pose for a picture with me. He even tried to do the ASU pitchfork--which was hard for him with only three fingers.

HC: Did you get to participate in other festivities during your trip to Chicago?
TS: Yes, I got to go to my first Passover Seder dinner. It was wonderful. The matzoh ball soup was different from anything I had had before, but it was yummy. And the family was so welcoming and friendly. I loved it.
HC: That is great that you got to enjoy so many different things during your short trip to the city.


TS: I will definitely be back again. It was some of the most fun I have had.
HC: Thank you so much for taking the time to meet with me today. I am glad you enjoyed your trip to our wonderful city and we welcome you back anytime.





0 comments: