CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

It's Like Christmas in July...well except for the heat

I am usually much better at telling all of you about the cute and adorable things that my wonderful Aunt Shirley has gotten or made for the baby--that's the Christmas part. But I am not going to lie--this heat is a killer so every night after work and dinner I am pretty much done for the day. So my blogging has been a little lax lately. But today I am catching up--thanks in part to a day off from work and getting my back popped by my doctor. I feel as good as new.

So now I will tell you all about the Christmas part. My wonderful Aunt Shirley made me--well more specifically she made Danica--two new receiving blankets. They are so cute--one has hearts and if you don't know I love hearts and one has cute little bees. So cute. And she also got Danica a couple of outfits to wear. And she was so excited about the ruffles on the back that I took two pictures so you could see the cute fronts--and the rufflely backs. And she also got Danica a pair of Pooh socks. So now Danica officially has the first clothing items that will match the theme of her room. I am so excited.
Also in all the fun of playing hooky from work today, I got to pick up another part of the decor for Danica's room. Today she got the blanket that goes with her bedroom set and the mobile. Now I would share pictures of the mobile but the company did not put a picture on the box--bad marketing--and I don't really want to open it until we get the crib. But as soon as we do--you all we get to see more pictures. And the best part of the blanket is that it is incredibly soft--at least I thought it was the best part. Corey and my dad just seemed to look at me like I was crazy when I was all excited about how soft the blanket was--hmm maybe boys just don't get as excited about fluffy and soft pink things?

So that has been my--well more correctly Danica's--Christmas in July. Has anyone else gotten to have Christmas in July?

2 comments:

Julie Barnes said...

happy christmas in july!! That is fantastic!! You get so many cute things. Only a few short months and you will get to meet your baby!

Jen said...

Well, my b-day is in July (next week) so i guess that's kinda like Christmas. I've decided i want lots of flowers to plant.
You looked so good last night! You didn't even look prego, you hold it quite well.
Let me know if you find Erin's & Ann's Blog's.