CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Friends and Registries

My friend and I have been trying to meet for lunch for a couple of weeks--but it was one of those things where Murphy got involved and showed that anything that could go wrong would. But Friday Murphy stopped messing with us and we were able to get together. We went to Joe's Farm Grill which was yummy. My friend--who for some unknown reason does not obsessively watch the food network--had never heard of Joes. So she was all about trying everything. It was fun.

She also brought some gifts. What she told me about was the gifts for Brandy. One of those circles with the ball that the cat can swat round and round. Since we have already established that Brandy is a little camera shy and consequently does not like to play with her toys when the camera is ready--I decided not to try this time. But let me tell you that she has a blast with her new toys. All Corey and I heard for hours was that ball going round and round.

The gift she decided to surprise me with by just putting them in the bag and waiting for me to find them was clothes for Danica. And the shocking thing is that this friend bought very girlie clothes--with lots of pink. She is not big on the pink for girls and blue for boys, but when I told her about being the poor baby who was bald for almost 2 years (which meant I got confused for a boy at times), she figured I had good reason for getting lots of pink things. :)

Then Saturday I got to talk to my sister--actually we were all going to have lunch together but that plan didn't work out. But I got a little scolded for not having started a baby registry--again back to the list of things that needed to get done. So Saturday I went and started them at Target and Babies R Us. And I got to take advantage--for the first time--of one small advantage to being pregnant:


Now I will admit that there was other parking that was just as close to the door--but really I don't have that much more time to take advantage of the special parking. So I decided to enjoy it. Plus this was after I started the registry at Target (which is apparently going through a season change--I didn't realize there is a season change on baby stuff like strollers, but apparently there is) so everything was limited quantity which means it is not a good idea to put on the registry because people may not be able to find it. So I needed a lift.

My need for a lift also led me to get Danica the first clothes I have bought her--well my need for a lift and the fact that they had a huge clearence on clothing (I understand clothing having a season but really strollers?). So I got her a cute dress with a hat--it will look good with a white long sleeve shirt if it is chilly when she is able to wear it. And a pair of pants and a white shirt. And a pair of capris with a yellow shirt.

Those outfits almost made the pain of starting registries worth it. I swear the lists they give you to help plan your registry only make it worse--really are we supposed to put baby shampoo on the registry? I know we need it but it seems weird to register for it. And how many different strollers do you really need? The list has at least 5. I think that is crazy. Where are you supposed to store 5 stollers?

So that was my Friday and Saturday--I hope you all got a good laugh. :)

1 comments:

Julie Barnes said...

Wow! now that sounds like a busy weekend. So many things to do and so little time to do them in. Three more months, right?? Well good luck!!!