CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Sorry No Pictures

Things have continued to be crazy around here.

We went last weekend to Corey's brothers house for lunch.

Corey had been talking about his ribs with hoisin sauce (seriously I don't like bbq sauce on ribs anymore after he started making these). So we bought some Korean-style ribs that he put his rub on, grilled and then put the hoisin sauce on. They were out of this world.

The plan was to each make something from the Ultimate Recipe Showdown. So Corey and I made the Tongue Tantalizing Pork Sandwiches (minus the pineapple--Corey has a thing against meat and fruit together but that's another post; and minus the slaw--we aren't big slaw people and honestly time got away from me). Overall it was incredibly yummy--except I missed the step to cut the meat up before cooking so it didn't get to the shredding stage in time. But I will definitley make it again.

Corey's brother's wife made the five-cheese mac and cheese. And it was really yummy. If you watched the show you may remember the judges were concerned with the blue cheese--but ended up loving it and making it the winner. Well Laurel tried it once without the blue cheese and felt like it was missing something, so when she made it for the lunch she put the blue cheese in. And it really was dynamite. I may try to make it in the future, but she did say getting all the cheeses was a little bit of work. And Danica has put a damper on anything that requires a lot of work...hehe.

Corey's mom made a yummy chocolate cake. It wasn't from the show--so I don't have the cool name or the recipe. But trust me it was good.

So overall we had a wonderful lunch--a very big and filling lunch to say the least.

And so we started talking about getting together once a month or so to do a meal like that again. We are thinking East Indian food might be fun to try--Corey and I had it at this place in Phoenix and loved it. In particular they had these meatballs in a curry sauce. They were amazing. So if anyone knows a good East Indian recipe--particularly one that involves meatballs--then I am all ears.

Danica is doing well. She is still growing like a weed. And her newest talent is blowing raspberries. And she just loves to do it. The whole way home last night that was all I heard. And if she can see you laugh when she does it, then she gets a big smile on her face because she is entertaining you.

4 comments:

Levi, Disney Fanatic said...

Your blog tends to leave me feeling hungry... :)

The Bouchard Family.... said...

Well your pork was dynamite too. And Coreys ribs were very good. the girls loved them. It was great time and cant wait to do it again.

Julie Barnes said...

Yum! I love the food network. The ultimate recipe showdown is my favorite. (I also love chopped). I have wanted to try some of the crazy foods... maybe I will have some time real soon. :)

andrea said...

Okay, I saw the name of your recipe that you made, but read it too fast and missed the "Tantalizing" part.....then I saw the part about shredding meat, and I thought you made something out of tongue, and I was feeling a little nauseous....so I went back and read a little lower and my faith (and stomach) was restored! :)

What is it with men and their ban on fruit with meat?! My husband is the same way! C'mon guys, expand your horizons and food choices! ;)