CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 13, 2009

Crazy Times

Ahh--this is the toothless grin that I am sure is going to get me in lots of trouble as Danica gets older. I just look at it and think who could say no to someone so beautiful...certainly not mommy. At least not yet. I have been told by a few friends with children that it gets easier to say no when they are older. We shall see.

**on a side note--how long does it usually take baby's eyes to change colors? Her eyes seem to be staying a very dark blue color and I am wondering if that is the permanent color or if there are changes in our future.

Okay back to the regularly scheduled update...hehe: This little darling has been sick for the past week. She was all stuffed up and her eyes were draining. And she was overall a very crabby girl--which is not like her at all. I could tell she didn't feel well and was in pain.

I took her to the doctor's on Monday. She now weighs 13lbs. 9oz. My baby is not staying little for me at all--but that is another post.

They checked her out--and after cleaning her ears, which she hated by the way, said she would be okay in a couple of days. And gave her eye drops. And so far they were right--her eyes cleared up within 24 hours. And she has been a lot less congested.

But now I am not feeling well. I am pretty sure it is a sinus infection which usually plague me about the same time I am stressed--and I have been stressed a lot lately. So I get to go on antibiotics today too. I guess you could say we are almost two peas in a pod. :)

8 comments:

Jen said...

I hated when Katelyn had her ears cleaned also.
I literally cried for her in the Dr. office:(

Hope you two "peas" feel better :)

The Bouchard Family.... said...

I know It is so hard to be sick and have a baby. If you need anything let me know. I hope you feel better and I'm glad to here Danica is feeling better. Have a Happy Valentines Day.

Julie Barnes said...

Oh man, I hate being sick... it is the worst ever! I can't imagine how hard it is to take care of a sick little baby. By the way, I heard babies eye color can change for up to a year... so you never know.

andrea said...

She is so cute.....I'm sorry she (and you!) have been feeling ucky, but it sounds like you are both on the mend. It is hard when they get sick, but worse when you are sick with them!

Eyes usually change within the first six months, but can still change in the first year. My neighbor claims her daughters changed at 18 months, but they are weird! :)

Janquilts said...

Hope you feel better soon. Danica gets more beautiful every day. Aunt Jennie used to say that this family always has the cutest babies. She was right.
Jan

Hannah + 4 said...

Being sick is no fun, especially with little babies at home! I hope you guys feel better soon! She is such a cutie!

southolive said...

Sweet Baby! I'm glad she got better fast! sick babies are no fun.

Team Skousen said...

Oh I hope you both feel better! She is getting so big...I haven't met her of course, but you're a good mommy blogger :)