CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day Weekend

Danica and I had a very busy Mother's Day weekend. We started celebrating early with a Pool Party and BBQ at a friends house. Danica had not really been in a pool much until the party but she loved it. She stood on the first step of the pool splashing and kicking--and of course giggling. Then one of my friends let us use her pool toy for babies, which looks like an inner-tube but has leg holes for the baby's legs to go through. And she loved that. My dad and I are going to start looking for one for her to use throughout the summer because she had so much fun being lead around the pool on that.

Here are some pictures from the party:


Then on Sunday we decided to go to Harper's Nursery and get the herbs that I wanted for Mother's Day. Unfortunately they did not have any thyme that looked good for cooking (the onese there were more for ground cover). But they had Rosemary and Basil. So that is what I got, but they told me to try again in two weeks and they should have more options.

So I took the Basil (I named him Rathbone) and Rosemary (Rosie) home and transplanted them. Here are some pictures of them now: I am hoping they will grow as quickly as Danica did. :)



Finally, Dad noticed that we had a hummingbird who built a nest on our carport. I had seen the hummingbird a couple of times flying around some of our bushes--I showed Danica and of course she giggled. But it was neat to see the nest. I had never been this close to one.

4 comments:

Jen said...

I have never seen a hummingbird nest before, Crazy!
Love the herbs & glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

Julie Barnes said...

Yeah, pictures!! Swimming looks like fun... I can't wait until it is warm enough here to swim!!

bradi said...

Great! Danica looks like she's growing so much. I love watching little ones in the water. Enjoy your herbs. I used my rosemary constantly.

Team Skousen said...

Hehe her shirt is so cute!