CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Day trip to Vernon

I wish the reason for the trip had been happier, but yesterday we went up to Vernon to attend my great uncle's funeral.
The service was beautiful. And I know the next family reunion won't be the same without JT. I think to honor him I will make something that needs to sit on the cooling rack he gave me as a wedding gift. So many options. :)
Danica had fun playing with her toys and running around. She had Grandpa walk around the church with her about 4 times. Then we sat in the mothers room throughout most of the service so that I could hear the service and Danica could run around and play.
I completely blame the hair on the wind--the wind was crazy.

We also went up to the upper ranch. They have thinned out the trees a bunch and it was a big surprise. We could see the trailers from the road. Danica slept most of the time we were at the upper ranch so I didn't take any pictures.

Then we went to the lower ranch and showed Danica a bunch of the pictures on the wall.

But her favorite part was the windmill. She kept pointing at it and talking about it--in a language we have yet to understand.
Then we went out to see the horses. Again with the wind--you think I am exaggerating--I am not--it was crazy. :)

Cody let her get on the back of the horse--first she wanted to sit side saddle. How ladylike--Glorya would be proud!
Then she decided to straddle the horse--tell me she isn't a cowgirl at heart!

2 comments:

Julie Barnes said...

Did I mention she is SO CUTE!! I love her crazy hair! Can't wait to see you next Sunday!

Jen said...

So fun you guys went.
Isn't it crazy and sad how things have changed so much since we were little.