CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 15, 2008

One of those days

Today was one of those days where it seems like everything is stacked against you. Danica decided to be incredibly crabby all day--she didn't want to sleep at all unless we were rocking her in the rocking chair. So it was a day filled with crying and rocking to stop crying. And of course today was the day we were going to take family pictures--not exactly the mood I want Danica in on picture day.


She did fall asleep in the car though--not unusual and making Corey and I think that next crabby day we are going to take a long drive.

Then our photographer ended up late because he spent the most of the day in the ER with his newborn. And also due to his unexpected hospital run he forgot to charge his camera batteries. So we will be doing family pictures another day but we got a couple of shots before the batteries died.

Here is my favorite of Danica--and that is the most peaceful she has looked all day. I want to treasure that moment.

5 comments:

Julie Barnes said...

How precious! She looks so peaceful... I have heard any time a mom schedules to take pictures, babies tend to act up, as if they know... :) BUT you got a few cute shots, they look great!

Jen said...

I love that pic- I'm sorry that day went bad for you guys.
I can't wait to see the next attempt of family pics.

P.S. Long story- i'll explain later, but can you ask your dad if he knows of any of our relatives around his generation that went to NAU. Other then Don Carlos Nicoll Jr.
I already spoke to guy & he thought there may have been one other and to check w/ Gary.
Thanks!

Jen said...

The story is... My post on Veterans Day included Don Carlos Nicoll Jr. I recieved an email shortly after from a Wayne, who is on the Board of Directors @ NAU. The NAU Alumni Association will honor its alumni veterans at Homecoming 2009.
Wayne was gathering info on Don when he found my blog & he was just requested some info on him. He also just asked if i had any other family members that went to NAU that were veterans.
This is so special and i will keep the family informed.
Thanks!

Jen said...

Ya, i think i will post when i am finished w/ him and then for sure will post again next Homecoming.

Team Skousen said...

She is so cute! I love her little outfit too. I guess you can look forward to many years of kids not cooperating at photo time! I know my parents always had a hard time with us and the camera :)