CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 16, 2009

Walking my way to Sweden


If you have followed my twitter updates, you may have seen that I am walking my way to Sweden--at least that is the general idea. There is competition going on at work and the winning team is eligible for a trip t0 Sweden. And since I know Grandma would have wanted me to go to Sweden if I was given the opportunity--I decided to join in.

So for the next six months I get to wear a pedometer--I know it is the coolest accessory ever. And the objective is to walk 10,000 steps (approximately 5 miles according to my team leader) every day. If I do that, my team gets a point. And if the entire team (of four people) does it, we get a bonus point.

And Corey is so lucky--he gets to walk with me around the neighborhood if I figure out that I am not up to my 10,000 steps needed for that day. That is what we did today after dinner--we walked around the neighborhood for about an hour (I had a sit at your desk and work kind of day).

And I have to say I think I liked the walk--it was relaxing. And the trip seemed to wear Danica out. She feel asleep so easy this evening--and has been out like a light.

3 comments:

Julie Barnes said...

AWESOME!! I love the idea. I know you can do it... how awesome would that be to go to another country, just for walking!! That is awesome!

andrea said...

That's cool, I hope your team wins....but I have to ask....why'd they pick Sweden? That just seems so...random?!

Russ said...

do it! Sweden is an awesome place to visit!